Yamaha Corporation is one of the Japanese Multinational Corporation with a very wide range of products and services; it has a strong hold of the market. It is the world’s largest piano manufacturing company and it also gives strong competition to all automobile companies in the target market.
Surviving the ‘cut-throat’ competitive market, Yamaha has yet again, positively pleased its customers by the launch of Yamaha P-115, one of Yamaha’s most popular portable digital pianos; it replaced the P-115 by letting the world’s bestselling piano get even better. Its new look and features make it undeniable to the fact that it has surpassed its previous model, this instrument would finely fit most modern decor style and you can use the P125 as a center and decorative point of the room. It’s perfectly clean and sleek!
Here are some undeniably cool features of P-125 Yamaha Piano:
- 88-key fully weighted keyboard
It is a flashy 88-key fully weighted keyboard with smooth matte black key tops
- Graded Hammer Standard action
These keyboards will exhibit heavier touch on the possible low notes and lighter touch on the higher notes creating a perfect balance; these enhance the feel of the piano.
- Advanced feature of Touch Sensitivity
The unbeatable ability of the instrument to understand how hard or softly the keys have been pressed. The pianos produce louder sound when pressed harder and vice versa.
- Sound: Pure CF Sound Engine
Maintaining years of sophistication and prestige, Yamaha P-125 has pure CF sound engine which increases its chances of purchase. It is known for the quality sound that it produces whenever the user hits its key(s).
- 192-note polyphony
Yamaha P-125 can simultaneously combine two or more lines boosting the intensity of the music.
- 24 instrument sounds
Not a very great number for such an ostentatious piano however adding it to the other astonishing features of the piano, 24 instrument sounds shouldn’t be a surprise!
- It has 50 preset piano songs along 21 demo songs
- Modes: (Musical scale) Duo, Split, Dual
- Lesson Function = The player can play the piano by putting his or her hand on keyboard using the mirror, it enables the player to learn and replicate faster and better.
- Ports = 2-track MIDI recorder (one User Song)
- 20 accompaniment tunes (for Bass and Drums)
- Other attractive features like Clock, Transpose, Fine-tuning, Sound Boost, Intelligent Acoustic Control, Stereophonic Optimizer, Table EQ
- Physical appearance
- Speakers = 7W + 7W (12cm x 2 + 4cm x 2)
- Size = 132.6 x 29.5 x 16.6 cm (52.2” x 11.6” x 6.5”)
- Weight = 11.8 kg (26 lbs)
About its other key areas
The sound quality is not questionable, its 7 w speakers and the polyphony sound of 192 notes generates a sound of prominent quality. It allows you to be more expressive.
With reference to connectivity, the P125 could fall short for those looking for a digital piano for music production; however, the P125 supports the basics.
Another cool and helpful feature that 125 offers is the new pianist app . Everything is controllable from an iPad or PC’s. However, connectivity is only possible by iOS supported devices, android users have NO chance for connecting with the device.
Genuinely priced and has 91% positive reviews on Amazon (highest rating for any Yamaha model!)
Thus, the advantages and disadvantages can be chalked out:
- Sound Quality = Unmistakably, it has successfully preceded other pianos in terms of the sound that it produces, it lets the player and the listener enjoy, feel and connect with the music. It is user friendly.
- Price = Yamaha P125 is very definite, the value for money of this model against its features and look, is something to signify and is worth your shot.
One major drawback is connectivity where android users have no chance and the numbers of ports are less.
Things to note down before you head out to buy a piano!
Before buying a keyboard or digital piano, you need to assure the usage the piano that you need to buy taking into consideration your stage (Beginner, intermediary or advanced).
The Yamaha P125 contains everything that one needs to acquaint themselves with a piano thus, it is designed for beginners to explore the instrument and start their learning journey of piano. It is also an optimum choice for an intermediate pianist. As for gigging musicians, if you are supported by your pocket, there are surpassing options in the market, but the P125 for its price is a solid considerable option.
For those who play with instrument voices, mixing and composing their own music, the P125 is not for you. There are other models in the market that would serve your purpose better than P-125 Yamaha Piano.